Friday, December 10, 2010

Just need to cook and write about it!

Or so I thought. Turns out writing a cookbook is a lot harder than that.
My idea was to cook a few recipes per state and write about it. Throw in an anecdote or two, a little history and a little geography and voila! a book in the making! Boy, was I wrong!
I did cook (a little), but writing about it, writing a story, keeping it honest yet interesting and educational is a lot harder than I thought.
Part of the reason I haven't made progress on the book is because I am like a kid in a candy store. I want to do it all. Baking for fundraisers, trying any new recipe I come across, gardening, traveling, all of it.
How quickly a year has gone by with no progress on the book. Lesson learned!
I have to focus. Make completing the cookbook my goal. Hence it is my new year's resolution!
What I did learn while working on the book is that I know very little of India's rich history and geography. I hope to use the book as an opportunity to educate myself too.
Here's to 2011 and a completed cookbook!

No comments: