Thursday, September 11, 2008

Blame Gardening.


After an extended break from blogging, I am back!! Blame it on the gorgeous spring and summer seasons. Both seasons have meant lots of outdoor time.

One activity I especially enjoy during this time of the year is gardening. It is therapeutic for me. A real stress buster. For a couple weeks there, it even replaced TaeKwonDo. It means a lot of hard work, but well worth it at the end of the day.

This wasn't always the case. When I started gardening 4 years ago, my efforts always ended up as an eye sore. Weeds were the only thing left in the area where I gardened.Dead plants were a sure bet! Caused a lot of stress!

After moderate successes last season, and reading up on plants, numerous visits to local nurseries, employing mini me to help me (child labor, yikes!!), incessently questioning coworkers and friends and fretting over the plants constantly, I ended up with a bounty of blooming flowering plants this season.

Purslanes, marigolds, roses, autumn joys, million bells, impatients, you name it, I have it. They blossomed like never before. Filled up entire pots till the pots were no longer visible. The landscaping I did (re-did, actually!) in the back yard turned out pretty decent as well. My m-i-l adorned her hair with flowers daily and we also offered them to God.

I hope to enjoy this nature's bounty well into October. Even my indoor Cymbidium Orchid (the two pictures above the picture of the marigold below) has been in full bloom this season. Please find attached some pictures. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

I hope to repeat or do even better next season. If not, I will always have this blog post and pictures as proof that I did succeed, atleast one year!!















4 comments:

Seema said...

Those flowers indeed look gorgeous & beautiful!
Your efforts, interest & time did get paid off.. Good for you! Wishing you a much better blooming season next spring.. I will wait for the next set of pictures!

Radhika said...

Thanks Seema. It has been very satisfying for me. Though others in the family roll their eyes as I am talking to the plants!!

ranama said...

Awesome flowers.......can see your hard work blooming all around your garden

Radhika said...

Ranama:
Thank you.
Radhika.