Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dinner is now served....

Tonight I had the pleasure of making a most amazing dinner for my family. I made a Thainese dinner. Thai style shrimp-asparagus and Chinese broccoli-chicken served over a bed of cellophane noodles. I got the recipes for the two dishes from blogs of Lisa and Rob. It took me about two hours to get both the dishes done and clean up the kitchen. But the food was gone, ALL gone, in 20 minutes flat. LOL!! I guess the dishes turned out GREAT! Makes me so happy.
It was such fun trying out the recipes. The fun started yesterday with shopping for the ingredients. I spent a long time walking through the specialty foods aisles of the store. I was intrigued by so many of the ingredients wondering what I would make with them. All this intrigue actually ties back to my desire of wanting to be on "Chopped" on Food Network. Ha!
It was nice to come back home after a long day at work and immerse myself in making the dishes, as my sons and my niece played, fought, screamed, yelled and played some more in the kitchen. My idea of a spa treatment. It was a very relaxing experience.
The nervousness set in right after though as I was serving for the family. Would they like it? Yikes!! But everyone absolutely loved the food. They have now requested I make it again. Woohoo!!
I do not have a wok. So I treated the stainless steel pan I have as a wok. Definitely let the oil get HOT before adding in the ingredients. What a difference that heat made. I now have to get me a wok!!
What a joyous PERFECT evening. A big thank you to Lisa and Rob. Hats off to you ladies!
Thai Shrimp Asparagus:

Recipe Link: http://chezlittley.blogspot.com/2010/04/family-friday-feast-thai-asparagus.html
Chinese Broccoli Chicken:

Recipe Link: http://housewifecooking.blogspot.com/2010/04/chinese-style-fried-beef.html
I replaced the beef in the recipe with chicken and just stir fried it in a little bit of oil. The sauce recipe was amazing! You can make this any way you like and the dish will be still be amazing because the sauce is the boss!!

1 comment: