Friday, April 11, 2008

Mantra.


My new mantra is "Everyday Eight". Why Eight, you ask? Well, for one it starts with an "E", same as everyday!! This should help you, my dear blog readers, understand why I have problems coming up with a creative story idea.

Anyways, getting back to the point, 8 more is the goal. Be it reading eight more lines or eight more pages or eight more chapters of the novel I am currently trying to finish (Salman Rushdie's The Jaguar Smile) or adding 8 more stitches to a cross stitch project (Disney characters) that has been lying around unfinished.

I am trying to motivate myself to reach the finish line on projects I start with a lot of enthusiasm and somewhere along the way other things come up and these projects lay around unfinished.

Maybe I should apply this mantra to the book I want to write. Write at least 8 words a day. With regards to this afore mentioned book, I seem to have writer's block even before I have begun.
I am trying to draw inspiration from real life. Zip! Zilch! Nada!
What about using my imagination, you ask!? BIG Blank!!

Some thing more achievable, I think, is to jazz up this blog. I am hoping to spend some time this weekend on this.

BTW, my painting class is this afternoon!! How exciting!

R.

1 comment:

Seema said...

Putting down your thoughts.. your on way to becoming a writer....thats way to start.. Go 8!!!