Saturday, April 5, 2008

Workout.

My favorite form of workout is Tae Kwon Do. While I do take other toning and cardio classes, Tae Kwon Do is by far my favorite.

It is about training the spirit and the body. Initially I thought this was just a membership oath you repeat every day that you train, but it truly is a way of life with this martial art.

When you put in your best effort to get the technique right, it gives you a great workout but also relieves the stress of the day because of the focus required to do each form or basic. You forget your surroundings. Like my instructor says, it is about being in the here and now.

It is now a family affair for us. Even my husband, who was a bit workout lazy initially, is really into it. And I could not be happier!

We love the school we attend. Probably the best instructors in the world. They teach us the true meaning of what it means to be a martial artist.

Got to go.... Tae Kwon Do is calling!!

1 comment:

Seema said...

Entire family in one class & best of it you all enjoy is truely great! Fun to do family activities all like... family time plus learnt something too , right?